Ohio Tax Free Weekend
Ohio's one time tax holiday for school supplies starts Friday, August 7, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. During the holiday, the following items are exempt from sales and use tax:
An item of clothing priced at $75 or less;
An item of school supplies priced at $20 or less; and
An item of school instructional material priced at $20 or less.
Items used in a trade or business are not exempt under the sales tax holiday.
"School supplies" include only the following items:
- cellophane tape
- blackboard chalk
- compasses; composition books
- folders (expandable, pocket, plastic, and manila)
- glue, paste, and paste sticks
- index cards
- index card boxes
- paper; loose leaf ruled notebook paper, copy paper, graph paper, tracing paper, manila paper, colored paper, poster board, and construction paper
- pencil boxes and other school supply boxes
- pencil sharpeners
Items not included in this list are taxable. "School supplies" does not include any item purchased for use in a trade or business .
for more information the link is below.
http://www.tax.ohio.gov/sales and use/salestaxhol i day/holidavfag.aspx